Saturday, April 26, 2008

1st Blog

To be able to work with like-minded individuals who are on cutting-edge and towards a common goal is an opportunity that not alot of people have. Over the past year I have seen so many exciting changes take place within the organization including the development of the IF Leadership Forum. I am honored to be a part of this group who I see as the IF generation who will take the entire wheel to the next level. At 29 years old working with people who have such great skills and passion is something to be thankful for.

My objective to being part of this group is on give and take basis. I want to learn as much as possible from each one of you and at the same time be able to share what I know or have experienced. I am a people person and my goals in life have always been working with a team, supportive environment, healthy living, world experience, building ideas and helping others.

Looking at where I am, where I came from and what I do each day proves that I am very lucky. It is so important to recognize these things in life during the present while not dwelling on the past or worrying about the future. Expressing gratitude is very important to make the most of each day and I will say that over the past year has helped me tremendously and cleared my mind to start moving to the next level as an individual and as a leader within IF. The greatest wealth is to appreciate what we have and what we are. In my life, which is very close to yours this is what we have:

-Working with people in a fun environment. Would you rather sit at a desk for 12hrs a day crunching numbers?
-Healthy and active. So many people wish they could be more active. Look at the body you have that comes naturally.
-There is a beach with clean water and fresh air half a block from W.Van IF. Have you looked around to appreciate this? Would you rather be in an industrial park?
-I have my own place with furniture that I love to come home to. 4years ago I did not have anything. I came to Vancouver with a suitcase.
-There is a group of people that will hear and support your ideas. We each have a voice that is heard. How many people do you know that are simply a pawn in a greater game?
-Opportunity, a word heard over and over but is true. Can you say you have had as many options and things to be a part of in any other careeer?

Have you given thought to this? What things in your life are you grateful for? How far have you come over the past few years?
With that I will finish my 1st blog and say thanks for having me part of something bigger, something that is turning and moving forward.

Josh

No comments: