Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sharing about Sharing

Sharing...the idea seems easy enough when you think about it. Then you start asking yourself:



  • What do people want me to share?

  • Why do people want to hear about me?

  • How am I supposed to frame my sharing?


All my life I was taught about humility and modesty. When you are not accustom to sharing, and I mean really sharing, the humility and modesty that you have been tough comes in to question...



There is a process in learning how to share...and I don't believe that you can master it until you have gone through the steps:



Step 1: start sharing...just go for it



  • Picking up the phone to ask a question is hard (what do I ask / will I get in trouble / am I doing it for me or them)

  • Writing an email to pass info or talk about myself (will people think I am cocky or wrong?)


Step 2: getting over yourself

  • ask and learn - be a sponge - everyone will have advice for you
  • take the feedback as info - not a personal attack
  • You are going to get challenged - be ready for that


Step 3: don't get discouraged



  • the more you talk and share the the better you get at it

  • learn from others - let them learn from you - ask questions


Step 4: making it about others (How do I share at a higher level?)


  • share not only your experiences, but other people's as well

  • transfer your lesions and info through others - make them the focus

Don't stop the flow...



No comments: