Monday, May 25, 2009

The School of IF

This week is Josip's last week with us here at Innovative. He has played a big role on our team at West Van by providing us knowledge about the human body, feedback on our coaching techniques and insight to his own personal growth/achievement through his life. I wanted him to share his experiences, thoughts and wisdom with the rest of you.

The School of IF

As I embark in my next chapter in my life I’m starting to reflect on my experience with innovative fitness. What a concept! “work, travel and play”, I can truly say this was my experience at Innovative fitness. From walking the sandy beaches of the west coast trail, to running through the mystical temples of Cambodia and climbing the spiritual mountains of Machu Picchu. I truly had the full experience at Innovative, but why?


However, life unfolds one must take full advantage of opportunities that are presented during their journey. To think one individual or one single experience does not shape you or I is ignoring the product that is shaped by life experiences.

The school of IF starts with team work and finishes with personal growth. I can say that IF has given me the confidence to accomplish anything and everything that I’m willing to sacrifice for. I would of never thought of being a doctor but IF introduce me to the experience that changed my life. Although I didn’t choose innovative fitness as career path I was truly amazed by ownership and the leadership with in our company, they helped me transition into to my next chapter.


They took the time understand my decision and promoted my vision with continual feedback in allowing me to leave on a high. Thank you! Innovative Fitness and my west-van teammates you have been a major influence on my personal growth and future success.

Pura Vida
Josip Maras

1 comment:

Justine Boulin said...

Great Blog Josip. Glad to have you hear for as long as we did and that you can take the lessons forward.
Pure Vida!