Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Vision


"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible", Jonathan Swift
This picture was on my wall all through university and I still keep the quote in all my day timers to this day.
It reminds me to stop taking things at surface or face value. It makes me ask a few more questions and look beyond what people want me to see.
Think about some comments that you hear on a daily basis: "How's it going today?"..."Not bad" = what makes it "not bad?"
"What's up Kris?"..."Not much" = Really? seems like you have a lot going on to me.
Body language plays a large role in our job's as coaches, how we push and challenge customers each day. What do you do when you see a frown or a smile? or eyes that don't look up from the floor?
Don't let people get-away with surface answers and don't let their body language go unnoticed -challenge them more than that...

No comments: