Thursday, January 8, 2009

Opportunities



As leaders, it is always great to challenge a teammate when the opportunity arises. When you see an opportunity for a fellow teammate which will allow them to grow professionally, then present them with the challenge and watch them grow. In my three years at Innovative Fitness, I have been presented with a few significant challenges which stand out.


1.) First Challenge was by Kris and Josh: I was presented an opportunity to go into the nights and was challenged to be a leader with Josh. I took on this challenge and started to feel more comfortable in taking on challenges and opportunities. Being a vet coach in the evenings allowed me to grow and help lead the newer coaches.


2.) Second Challenge was by Josh: Told me that I was great at following the systems and presented me with the idea of being the next Product Manager. I was unsure but the first opportunity he presented me was great in the long run so I decided to take on the role. Allowed me to grow professionally.

3.) Third Challenge was by Josh: Told me to sign up for Oliver ½ Ironman so I did. I gained alot of trust through Josh from the first two challenges and opportunties he provided me.

The lesson to be learnt is, challenge your fellow teammates when you see opportunities in front of them because you want them to grow professionally and personally. Sometimes all it takes is somebody to challenge you to make one of the greatest decisions in your life.

No comments: