Monday, August 4, 2008

The most expensive piece of art

In our lives, we will have the chance to meet people. Some good and others not so much. But they’re all on your path for a reason.

As I was sitting at the end of a table surrounded by 30 other people this weekend, all laughing, enjoying great food and each others company, it made me think about how lucky we were to have cross path in some way or another with two incredible individuals, Matt and Chantal. I can’t talk for anyone else but I felt extremely lucky to be there. It was an amazing feeling to know I am where I’m supposed to be. Meaning the RIGHT company with the RIGHT systems and the RIGHT people.  To be so well taken care of, not only this weekend, but also each day of the year. There is always someone ready to make you a better individual.   I felt very thankful they opened up their cabin to us this weekend. Which brings me to one of my highlights…

As I took a tour of their cabin when we got there, I saw (and I know you all did as well) the most expensive piece of art I have ever seen. No, they didn’t steel the Jackson Pollock Number 5 (which could be sold for 140 million) and are hiding it in their cabin. It was a wall filled with pictures from their kids, family members and friends from some of their favorite events, destinations and moments. It made reminded me why we work so hard. Not to buy a pair of jeans worth 400$ or a new car, but for moments like the ones on his wall, the ones I want to put on my wall or the one in the consult room... It was great to see how happy we were, for example when Josh made it on the skis or when you looked at Emily's face when she was surfing or when people played bear indian and cowboy! There is no price to these moments. We should never stop having them. Thank you for making more amazing moments happen this weekend. Hope you all had some highlights and amazing moments you want to put on your wall.

No comments: