Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Five Things I Know

1. I know that the public finds solace and hope with the extreme examples of themselves that are showcased in programs like "Biggest Loser", "Intervention", "Extreme Home Makeover" where people have seemingly insurmountable problems and are helped by others and themselves.
2. I know there are two types of people: those with self-control and those without. Hence the need for accountability (food logs, trainer-present in facility challenges) required to accompany the Nutrition Challenge.

3. Someone will complain who has it pretty good and someone who does not, won't. (I also know that Guy will call me on the "awkward wording" of this statement).

4. I know that people deal with guilt, low-self esteem, commitment issues, denial and dependencies, but we also like to have fun, be social, set and achieve goals, feel good and be in the moment. Working with the first can be difficult but the second makes it rewarding.

5. I know that if people trust you they will do everything in their power to do what you ask of them. People do not want to disappoint others or themselves. This is a big responsibility.

What truths do you know and how will you make decisions as a trainer, leader, human to make the lives of those you come across better with these truths in mind?




-Angela Tames

No comments: