Thursday, February 18, 2010

Too funny



So on a lighter note, I was watching the Men's Figure Skating the other night and came across Johnny Weir, who I'd never heard of until then. He is a rather flamboyant character who seems to be more cartoon than reality and upon researching him for this blog I came across a couple of amusing quotes:



"Camille: For his short program in the 2005-06 season, Weir skated to Camille Saint-Saens’ “The Swan” wearing an elaborate costume that resembled a swan. On his hand, he wore an orange glove that represented the beak. “His name is Camille – two ‘l’s,” Weir said about the glove. “I think he’s my evil side. When I skate badly, I blame it on my glove.”

Now if this isn't high drama I beg you to not smile and shake your head.



Quotable: Weir’s mouth has made him a favorite with journalists. Never one to hold back what is on his mind, he once described a competitors program as “a vodka shot and a snort of coke kind of thing,” a quote that got him in trouble with U.S. Figure Skating. “I don’t worry about what other people think,” he also said. “Everyone else worries for me.”

This leads me to my point, if we take ourselves too seriously then we end us looking like asses.

No comments: