Monday, November 24, 2008

What are your plans for 2009?


As 2008 comes to end, we start to think about and plan for 2009. Some of us have a set plan in what we want to achieve in 2009 and others are still brainstorming and considering the options that are out there. We work in an environment where we are constantly leading others through example and being role models; the pressure and expectations are there for us to have a plan. Before working at IF, I was never constantly asked or challenged for what my next step is, where do I want to go, or what do I want to achieve. The leaders here are planting a seed and helping me think about what I want to do next, just like we do to our customers.

I think the most important aspect of planning and setting up goals for 2009, is to be realistic. Set achievable and realistic goals so that you can plan and achieve success rather than failure. I feel we get influenced and side tracked by others to do everything and anything, which for some people that is possible but for others they might get too stressed and burned out.

We are all different, we all go along at different paces to achieve our goals and those that achieve their goal faster must not sidetrack us. You should not worry about what others are thinking and you must do what you feel is right. We are surrounded by such a great support system, that we are lucky that we can turn to anyone to help us plan and think about our goals for 2009, where else do we have the opportunity to do that

1 comment:

Sasha Myers said...

Really enjoyed this blog Kate :)